Monday, September 5, 2011

Veg Options at Moby Dick's House of Kabob

Since we'll be eating leftover Moussaka for the next meal or two, I thought I'd go back in time a bit and do a restaurant review from this weekend:

Moby Dick's House of Kabob has 15 locations in the Washington area, including restaurants in Georgetown, Dupont, Bethesda, Rockville and Gaithersburg, as well as Virginia.  When you talk about Moby's to anyone in the DC area, chances are folks will rhapsodize about their basmati rice or their grilled pita bread. 

There are a number of vegetarian items on the menu, such as my dinner choice,"Moby's Veggie": Sautéed fresh mushrooms, onion, tomato, and spinach served on a bed of the famous Basmati rice.  A heads up to vegans - the rice is prepared with butter.

Other veg items include falafel sandwiches and platters, veg sandwiches and grape leaves.  I've had the falafel, and I can definitely recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment