Sunday, October 16, 2011

Vegetarian Dining in Atlanta

Yummy lavender gin thingee
Greetings from Atlanta.  I'm attending a convention for work, so I've had a lot of events and catered functions.  However, I have had time to sample some vegetarian dining options around town.

Sweet Corn Ravioli at Loews Hotel
I'm staying at the Loews Atlanta, which is located in Midtown.  The lobby bar and restaurant are quite good and get quite lively.  The first day we arrived, the bartender was experimenting on new cocktails and made a lavender and gin martini that was just awesome.  We also had their margherita pizza, which was quite good.  But, the real star of the show here is the Sweet Corn Ravioli, which comes with a basil puree, corn and a spring corn box salad.  It was easily one of the prettiest meals I've ever eaten, and the texture of the crunchy corn with the softer ravioli and roasted tiny tomatoes was perfect.

Vegetarian Mole Enchiladas at Pozole
We also got to explore the Virginia Highlands area and ate at a neat little Mexican place called Pozole.  I had a Pomegranate Margarita, and then shared fajita nachos with my colleagues.  The kitchen was nice enough to put the meat on the side, so both my meat eating colleagues and vegetarian yours truly could enjoy the dish.  For my dinner, I had the Vegetarian Mole Enchiladas, which included one roasted corn & mushroom enchilada and one bean & cheese enchilada, with avocado, tomato & cucumber salad on the side.  Truthfully, I didn't realize until I checked back to look at the menu description that I had two different flavors, but it was a tasty dish and packed some welcome heat.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment