Thursday, April 7, 2011

America's Top 10 Vegan Sandwiches

My cousin Rachel sent me a great article today, "America's Top 10 Sandwiches - Veganized."   A bunch of them are off limits to me because of soy, but the following look promising:

The Cheesy Mac & Rib: I've actually eaten the macaroni and cheese sandwich from The Grilled Cheese Truck.  It is delicious, delicious crack.  If I try this version, I'd probably dumb down the sauce and figure out a way to work in Daiya.

The Vegan Pibil Torta Sandwich: This one is chock full of mushrooms, a favorite ingredient.

Fried Chicken Sandwich: When I ate chicken, my preferred way of eating it was as fried  as possible.  So, this is tempting me.  Gardein is off limits to be because of the high soy content, but Quorn makes a chicken patty I could sub here.

Brussels Sprouts Sandwich: This one is the most promising to me.  I am a big Brussels sprouts fan, and this has the most natural set of ingredients.

Thanks for the tip, Rachel! I'm looking forward to experimenting!

No comments:

Post a Comment